Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Digital tech

Aim/WALT:
  • Research all 3 New Zealand Kaitiaki.
  • Planning to make our game and whats its going to be about.
  • Making our game.


These past weeks in digital tech we have been learning about our Kaitiaki in New Zealand and making a game, app or narrative. At the start of Digital tech we were learning about Tangaroa, Tane mahuta and Tawhirimatea. 
We have been doing stuff around coding so we knew how to make our game, app or narrative. 
It was really fun making my game and doing coding stuff on code.org and hour of code, I really enjoyed it because I learnt how to code. Heres a link to my game and my plan so you can play it.





Making our game we had an opportunity to use Gamefroot, Scratch and App Lab. I choose Gamefroot so I could make a game about Tane Mahuta. 

Making our games was very confusing because when we started we didn't know how to use Gamefroot so we were new to it. During the process of making our game, coding and learning about the 3 Kaitiaki, I learnt a lot about it. At first when we started it didn't go so well but when we got more into it it got a lot better. I learnt how to put different types of scripts on photos I found so it could be a collectable, so you can pick up the rubbish that is in the forest. 


There is a problem with pollution in forest and I am trying to teach people how to clean up after themselves and pick up heaps of rubbish so we can make the forest's a lot cleaner.

When I started making my game on Gamefroot I knew nothing about it because I haven't used it before. Now that I'm finished my game I know a lot more than I did when I started. 

The aim of my game is to collect rubbish to save the trees in the forest. You can also collect hearts as if they were a collectable to save the trees and get rid of some pollution to help the wild life.

If your were to make a game would you make your game on Gamefroot, App lab or scratch or any other site you can think of?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about